Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to the Pacers Events blog.  Through this blog we'll offer a "behind the tape" look at our operations, race recaps, and general happenings in our world.  We'll be delivering the real deal here of what we do and hope through the course of this blog we can learn something about our runners and you all can learn about us. We love feedback, congratulatory and constructive, so please feel free to comment on our posts.  

People often say "you have the best job in the world!"  Well, they are usually right.  You may not know this, but my entire family is involved in this operation.  My fiance's family owns the retail shops, my mom is our events company registrar, my dad is usually the guy at the turnaround (or handing out the tee shirts when we run out of the good sizes), and my brother and his kids usually come out to the GW Parkway to pitch in.  Not to mention that my Uncle Mike and I drove from Kansas City to DC this week (and got stuck in a snow pile in Front Royal) with our new tricked out box truck.

It's a good life and a fun job where I get to work with great people and customers.  We have our fair share of disappointments, stress, fights, and downright nail biting moments . . . but in the end, it's all good.

Thanks for reading. -Kathy, your usually friendly race director
 
Don, our Operations Director, and me at the 09 Earth Day 5K.  Don, an ex-cop, 
is usually packing heat which is why we try not to cross him. And yes, he is usually this jolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment